Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dana Gentile

I saw saw a nice show recently of some new collages by Dana Gentile. They are small in scale, amusing and feel fresh. Especially in comparison to much of the other work I saw that same evening. There were a lot of large format, large scale prints of cool/cold and peopleless spaces. I feel like I'm seeing WAY too much of this same kind of picture. It's everywhere. The Gentile pieces just felt light, bright and fun. They were not imbued with the same kind of self conscious, cool, "hipster alienation" and sense of importance that I felt being projected from most of the other pictures.






Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for seeing my show at Kris Graves Projects. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the collages.

Sincerely,
Dana