Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tres Smokey

A new controversial, French antismoking, advertising campaign is using some pretty odd pictures to make their point. Leave it to the French to make an anti smoking campaign SEXY. No images of black lungs, malignant growths or missing digits here. Instead we have photographs of attractive under age youth posturing fellatio ? I'm not certain but I think if I was French, 14 and considering smoking, these pictures might set me off to the nearest Tabac quicker than a match on fire. You can read more about it HERE.






I'm not sure if they have television spots but if they decide to make them I suggest they use Madonna's Like A Prayer.

"When you call my name it's like a little prayer
I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there"

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I am really surprised that people don't get this. The NY Times' translation is not right - "To smoke is to be a slave to tobacco." The real meaning is closer to "Pleasure the tobacco industry. Keep smoking." It's the figurative made literal, and I think it's very effective.